Apple co-founder and visionary leader Steve Jobs made a bold statement in 1985 about the culture of Apple. He said:
"We attract a different type of person…Someone who really wants to get in a little over his head and make a little dent in the universe. We are aware that we are doing something significant…Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future."
That make a "dent in the universe" mission shaped the influence and impact of Apple for years to come.
Now 37 years later, I propose a flip on this statement to apply it to us as pastors:
What if we make a BIG dent...in hell!
As pastors we are now facing one of those moments that will influence the future of our ministries — and the salvation of our people!
So what if we came together as a group of radically called pastors who are willing to:
- raise up the next generation of ministers
- train the existing ministers of today
- expand and stretch ourselves in new and exciting ways
- attempt great things for God
- and in the end...we take a sledgehammer to hit hell as hard as we can — making it hard to go to hell in our cities!
I’m Nelson Searcy, founder of Church Leader Insights and the Renegade Pastors Network, inviting you to join me in Orlando in 2 weeks for The Renegade Pastors Kingdom Impact Conference on Wednesday, Oct. 12 - Friday, Oct. 14.
At this one-time-only conference, we'll cover four key areas for making a Kingdom Impact:
- How to call out the called
- How to lead and grow a healthy church
- How to train other pastors locally and globally to lead and grow healthy churches
- And dozens of other ideas and strategies for how pastors can personally make a Kingdom
Impact (to reveal all here would diminish them)
I’m also happy to announce that Churchteams will be joining us and giving a bonus presentation during the event! Plus you’ll be able to connect with them in person throughout the event to answer all your questions.