You've probably heard of a Gratitude Journal. It was referenced in the repost/retweet of a blog from Lifeway I sent out yesterday. I'm looking forward to thinking more about the benefits of gratitude this week. But for this Thanksgiving week post, I want to do a short journal of things I'm grateful for. In no particular order, starting with the biggies:
- The privilege of ministry through software. Who even knew that was a thing when we started out in ministry? Now, we get to serve churches all over the world as they care for and disciple the people God brings to them.
- Clients who are really, truly friends. Working together, we keep improving our abilities to serve God and people. Without you getting the word out, we wouldn't be here.
- Staff that get it. We are privileged to have great people work with us who not only embrace but evangelize our values to "look to the interest of others above ourselves."
- A partnership that works. Mark and I started this 16 years ago with a common commitment to serve each other as we serve the church. Our skills are a great match, but it is the Bible that directs our relationship and ways.
- A gracious CEO. From the beginning, we established that this isn't our company, but the Lord's. Our names might be on the articles of incorporation, but His name is on us.
Then for fun, here are some other things.
- Consolidation in our industry. You probably know a lot of companies in our industry have been purchased by others. As we've been approached, it has helped us clarify what we're here for and who we need (and don't) to be all God wants us to be.
- Email marketing. So cool to see churches begin using this newer feature to track the success of their communication.
- Volunteer management. Another great add this year that is catching on and helping staff in HUGE ways.
- Software vendors. Like Google Maps, Bootstrap, Capterra, Hubspot, Mandrill, Protect My Ministry, and others that help us behind the scenes do what we do.
- Church management competitors. We keep pushing each other to be better. I love how God is using all of us together to serve His church.
- Ardent Giving Solutions. Our payment processor. These guys are like our family. In many ways they are us and we are them.
- Jeremiah 29:11. God knows the plans He has for us. The future is incredible. I can't wait to see the development dreams we have realized.
Father, again this year, we come to the season our country has set aside to give you thanks. You are our God. You are good. We are grateful for the challenges that make us better as well as the blessing of your generosity. Without you, we are lost. Renegades going our own way with no real purpose or direction. With you, we have quiet confidence and life. Real life now. And real life to come. Because of Jesus. Amen.